3DR Solo Drone Review
Drones have become popular lately due to the increasing demand for devices that are capable of shooting and recording high-quality aerial videos and photos. The 3DR Solo Drone is one of the best drones under $300, and is a drone made by 3D Robotics. If you like flying drones and you have a GoPro Camera with you the Solo drone is perfect for you! It is capable of shooting high-quality videos. The 3DR‘s software is developed with consideration for the new users as well as experts so they will be able to fly the drone with ease. If you want to know more information we suggest that you keep reading this Drone review.
- Product dimensions: 18 by 18 by 10 inches
- Weight: 3.35 pounds
- Battery: 1 14.7V 5200 mAh lithium battery (included)
- Rotors: 4 (2 blades per rotor), 10 inches in diameter
- Battery life: 20-22 minutes
- Camera: GoPro camera’s 3+ or 4, max resolution is 4K/60 P
- Controller: Video game-style controller (included) and can be controlled by a smartphone using an App (Android/iOS)
The 3DR Solo drone is designed with a minimalist look. It is an angular lump of matte black plastic and it is attached with a 5200 mAh battery on the top of its sleek body with the power button right next to it.
The quadcopter is quite large, measuring just below 19 inches from one tip to another. It is quite heavy when weighed together with the battery, gimbal, and a GoPro camera it will weigh around 3.35 pounds.
The quadcopteris designed with multicolored LED lights that allow night flying to be manageable and easy. On the underside of the drone, you will find the accessory connector and smaller LED lights that indicate the status of the device when it is starting up.
- Two dedicated 1GHz Cortex-A9 Linux computers – One in the controller and one on the drone itself, it is capable of high-level flight scripting and this makes the drone reliable and there is a lower chance of the firmware freeze occurrence which can affect the flying ability of the drone.
- Connected using Wi-Fi signal
- Smart Shot Feature allows the drone to fly itself while the user focuses on taking videos. Taking great aerial shots or videos is now a few taps away.
- It is the first all-in-one drone that offers live streaming of HD videos from your GoPro directly to your smartphone, it also has a built-in HDMI for HD live broadcast.
- Solo Gimbal (sold separately) is capable of delivering smooth video footage.
- Safety features like pause and safety net allow you to fly the drone with confidence and ease.
- It can be easily flown with just a simple pushbutton flight.
- Follow Me – Allow users to go hands-free. It will allow you to fly the drone while traveling with your friends or when you are cruising around the lake on a boat. The Solo drone will automatically follow you and this mode will keep the camera centered at a specified subject at all times, capturing great moments is now easy.
- Cable Cam – When this feature is used, the Solo is locked on a virtual cable; you can pan and tilt the camera without worrying about the drone. Solo is capable of memorizing shots at each endpoint and it can fly itself from one frame to the other while maintaining stability for the camera to take amazing shots.
- Selfie – This feature keeps the subject in the center of the shot, you can take portrait and landscape modes all at once, and the recorded clips can be saved directly on your smartphone for easy sharing in different social media platforms.
- Orbit – This feature allows you to lock your GoPro on any object, so the solo will fly in a circular direction and its radius can be adjusted accordingly. While the drone is flying in either direction, the camera will be locked on the specified subject, you can also adjust the flight altitude and flight speed so you can create different amazing aerial shots all the time.
- Gimbal – 3DR Solo Gimbal helps the drone’s computers to take stable aerial shots. It is the only gimbal to offer in-flight GoPro controls, charging, and wireless streaming of HD videos from the GoPro camera directly to the smartphone.
Price of 3DR Solo Drone
According to Jc, the 3DR solo drone is an amazing technology! One great thing about the 3DR drone, it has an open-source nature. This drone is a perfect partner in crime of your Go Pro 4.
According to a user named Mark, I have been enjoying my 3DR Solo since I purchased it last week. I have been able to fly it for a couple of hours and I also have disassembled and tested it properly. At a reasonable price, you can use it side by side with your GoPro 3, 3+ or 4. My experience with the Solo has been great so far. You must also purchase a gimbal thatis sold separately, as well as some extra propellers, extra batteries and a neutral density filter kit for your GoPro camera.
The 3DR solo drone is recommended for individuals who are looking for a drone that works best with a GoPro4 camera. The drone is well-built with an attractive design. It is easy to fly and can be used by beginners. This drone is perfect for anyone, even beginners because it has a simple control layout which can be learned easily while the skilled users will easily execute the more complex manoeuvres when flying the solo by using the advanced piloting modes. If you are searching for a reliable drone that can help you capture amazing aerial shots using your GoPro 3, 3+, or 4, the 3DR solo drone is worth checking out!
Make sure to check out;