What Is The Best Drone for GoPro Camera?
Table of Contents
Are you searching for the best drone to use with your GoPro camera? If you are wondering what is the best drone to use so you can fully maximize your GoPro’s features you came to the right place. We will share with you our article for the Best Drone for GoPro. Hopefully, after checking out this article, we will be able to help you have an informed decision once you decided to purchase a drone to use with your GoPro camera.
Here is the list of the Best Drone for GoPro
- 3DR Solo – Purchase the 3DR Solo for $695 here.
- GoPro Karma – Purchase the GoPro Karma for $949.99 or $1049.99 with GoPro Hero 5 Black here.
- DJI Phantom 2 – Purchase the DJI Phantom 2 for $632.92 here.
- Syma X8G – Purchase the Syma X8G for $129.99 here.
- DROCON Bugs 3 – Purchase the Drocon Bugs 3 for $65.99 here.
3DR Solo – The 3DR Solo drone is known for being the world’s first smart drone.It is powered by two 1 GHz computers. It is designed with the GoPro in mind. The camera can be controlled with the gimbal but you need to purchase it separately.
The 3DR Solo is compatible with Hero 3, 3+, and 4. It can stream real-time HD videos from the GoPro camera to your iOS/Android smartphones or tablets and you can view the video using the FPV mode.
- Camera: Not included (GoPro compatible)
- Dimensions: 9.23 by 16.52 by 16.42 inches
- Flight Time: approximately 20-25 minutes
- Gimbal: Smooth and steady video stream (Needs to be purchased)
- Great design
- Stable flight
- Gimbal control
- Designed with GoPro in mind
- Flight time around 12-15 minutes only
GoPro Karma – The GoPro Karma is one of the best drones that work with GoPro cameras. The Karma grip works great to give you steady footage and a remote controller that resembles video game controllers.
The GoPro Karma is fold-able and it is a great choice for individuals who love to travel. It captures smooth, high-quality videos because of its controlled movement. The flight time lasts around 20 minutes and you must stay within the range of 3 km to avoid disconnection. It works with GoPro Hero 4, 5, and 6.
- Camera: You can order it with the GoPro Hero 5 for a higher price; it works with GoPro Hero 4 and Hero 5 Black and 6
- Compatible with GoPro
- Gimbal is included in the package
- Flight time: Approximately up to 20 minutes
- Remote controller (resembles video game controllers)
- Orbit, Cable Cam
- Can take drone selfies
- GoPro support
- Foldable and compact size (Perfect for travelers)
- Vibrations can affect video recording
DJI Phantom 2
DJI Phantom 2 – The DJI Phantom 2 is a quad-copter that works with GoPro cameras. It is easy to fly and control and it is capable of recording high-quality videos. It is stable and safe to use, especially when you have expensive camera equipment.
The Phantom 2 has a return to home feature which allows you to retrieve it when you lose control or when the controls are suddenly switched off. It uses a great GPS module and it is equipped with safety features that prevent accidents and crashes.
The DJI Phantom 2 comes with a Zenmuse H3-3D 3-axis gimbal which provides the user with smooth video recording and it has impressive camera stability. The Li-Po battery gives you approximately 25 minutes of flight time on a single charge.
- Camera: No camera included in the package
- Dimensions: 20 by 10 by 14 inches
- Designed with GoPro Hero cameras in mind
- Maximum Flight Time: Approximately 25 minutes
- GoPro compatible with gimbal included
- Great flight time
- Decent build quality
- Great video recording quality
- LED light indicators often fail
- Need to purchase FPV System separately
Syma X8G – The Syma X8G dronemay not be the top choice for GoPro drones but it is highly recommended for individuals who have a limited budget. It includes an 8-megapixel HD camera that can record HD videos. The camera port is compatible with a GoPro action camera. It is an excellent choice for those who want a beginner drone. It has a durable build quality that can withstand light crashes and rough landings.
- Camera – No camera included
- Holding case is compatible with Go Pro action cameras
- 8MP HD camera is capable of recording 720P and 1080Presolution videos.
- Flight time – Approximately 12 minutes
- Flight range – 100 meters
- Bracket included in the package is compatible with the GoPro action camera
- Includes HD 8-megapixel camera
- An affordable option for those who have a limited budget
- Stable flight using the 6-axis gyroscope system
- One button 360-degree rolls
- Limited flight time
- Short flight range
DroCon Bugs 3
DroCon Bugs 3 – The DroCon Bugs 3 is affordable and can be a great choice as a beginner drone. It is compatible with GoPro cameras.
The DroCon Bugs 3 is an excellent beginner drone. It is stable, smooth, and easy to use for beginners and even for professionals. You can fly up to 1000 feet while taking great aerial videos and photographs.
The Drocon has a brush-less motor that does not overheat so you can enjoy longer flight times. It is made using nylon fiber which makes the body durable and sturdy and can withstand moderate wind conditions. The Drocon Bugs 3 is capable of diving, flipping and other moves that can impress everyone around you while you fly your drone.
If you already own a GoPro action camera, you can just plug it in, and you can fly it immediately. The low power alarm and weak signal alarm will help you keep the drone under control. The DroCon Bugs 3 is capable of 3D rolls and flips by just pressing a single button.
- Camera: Can mount GoPro cameras
- Brushless motors
- Flight time: 15-20 minutes
- Remote controller – Its distance up to 1000 feet
- Easy to use for beginners
- Decent flight time
- A great beginner drone
- Can perform 3D rolls and flips
- Brushless motor which means longer flight time
- Long charging time
- Some users complain about battery charging/charger